I wanted to personally reach out to you and provide an update on how Nutarniq is handling COVID19 and provide important health information that you can share with your family and friends.
Flu and viruses are not new, however, the impact of COVID19 is not something that has been seen before. This situation can seem overwhelming, however, acting cautiously and making conscious decisions about your health is what is truly important and will help us all get through this.
COVID19 cause infections of the nose, throat and lungs. The virus is most commonly spread from an infected person through:
- Respiratory droplets generated when you cough or sneeze
- Close, prolonged personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands
Product safety and quality is always of utmost concern to me and our team. All of our products are manufactured under strict quality control according to Health Canada Good Manufacturing Practices. All of our inventory has been received before the COVID19 outbreak and is stored in our secure warehouse. Shipping for all orders will occur according to our standard operating procedures (SOPs) for cold and flu season that have always been in place for your protection.
For individuals who have diabetes or other health conditions, I would like to share the following recommendations from Diabetes Canada:
Your plan may include:
- Gather the contact information for your doctors, clinic, pharmacy and your insurance.
- Write down the names and doses of your medications.
- Have enough medication for two weeks in case you cannot get to the pharmacy to refill your prescriptions.
- Ensure all your medications have refills available, so you do not have to leave the house if you become ill.
- Have extra supplies like rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizers and soap to wash your hands.
- Keep simple sugars (i.e. glucose tablets) on-hand in case you need to treat low blood sugar which may occur more frequently with illness due to changes to eating patterns.
- Have glucagon available in case of significantly low blood sugar (if taking insulin or medications that can cause low blood sugar).
- Have ketone strips available in case of illness (if you have type 1 diabetes).
It is my intention to provide you with relevant and actionable information to support your health in the coming weeks by email and through our Facebook page.
I am privileged to help you and your family during this challenging time and look forward to a quick recovery from this health challenge.